The Shift

I am currently reading The Shift, by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer.
Another dose of Dyer wisdom based upon his movie by the same name.
The Shift is creatively divided into chapters which coincide with each of the words in the original title of his movie, From Ambition To Meaning.
"The shift to Meaning eliminates our feelings of seperateness, and illuminates our spiritual connectedness." (Pg. 58, The Shift by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer)
The energy that this sentence rides on has informed much of my approach to parenting and education.
As I recognize that my experience of life is an inseparable union between who I am and what I am experiencing I connect with what I call genius.
Tapping into genius requires releasing all preconceived ideas about what is happening and listening for the unique lessons inherent in each experience.
When I carry this way of being into my interactions with children, I am able to access a deeper sense of wholeness.
Ahhh, here is a perfect chance to practice:
I acknowledge that the frustration I am now experiencing was already present before my son and his friend started begging me to chase them as I attempt to complete this entry.  I now gain insight into the nature of my frustration, and have more compassion for my son, his friend, and myself.
Let's see if I can tap into the genius of this moment and go chase my son and his friend.

The Shift, by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, is published by Hayhouse, and can be purchased online at:  http://www.hayhouse.com/details.php?id=4672http://www.hayhouse.com/details.php?id=4672

No comments:

Post a Comment