Love is Coming Through...

I seriously considered running out the front door of the school. Instead I returned to the meeting room and acknowledged that the parents and student were, in all likelihood, not coming.
Everyone scurried off to their next meeting.
I had not confirmed that the key people for the meeting would be in attendance.
I worried what my colleagues would think of me for my oversight, I feared that I might lose my job.
Then I checked in with my inner guidance.
I realized that I have been living and dying, in my mind, by the good opinion of others for as long as I can remember.
I then realized that I am tenured and that I have a lot of things on my plate right now.
I recognize that I have rights and that I am worthy of love.
Then the genius spoke through me,
"Love does not come from people, it comes through people."
Whether I am are aware of it or not, love is coming to me and through me.
Love does not come from opinions or ideas.
Love is an everpresent reality that just is.
I choose to receive that love, even if I forgot to confirm that some folks would be at a meeting.
I choose to give that love, even if everyone else had to come to the meeting room for no apparent reason.
I learned something today by tapping into the genius of a moment that provoked a great fear in me. 
The Truth is that no fear is great, only Love is great, for only love endures.
In truth, even the fear was a teacher, leading me to a belief that no longer served me.
For that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment