Welcome Educators...

My intention in creating this blog is to create a forum, an avenue, a meeting hall, for educators to meet, discuss, and most importantly, share inspiration regarding education. I have come to see that my role as an educator is to facilitate the process of tapping into the genius that already exists within my students and, in turn, learn more about tapping into my own creative genius. My experience within the public school system has provided me with evidence that this central tenet of education has been lost and replaced by the rule of instruction, or telling people how to do things. I am not the first to recognize this, and I am constantly learning about others who are walking, and have already walked, this path along with me.
So, to all educators I say, "Welcome home...".
Stay a while. We are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment